Wednesday

M.Ronson : Circuit Breaker :: N.E.S. Nostalgia for Days (8-bit goes pop)...


via Stereogum
This track might not be Mark Ronson's best (or brightest), and it definitely could use a hook (or some vocals), but what the song lacks in innovation, it makes up for with this rad Zelda-inspired video. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the album (out in Sept), as it's bound to have some bangers mashed-in. Nerd Alerts all day, but that has yet to stop me from indulging my own need for NES Nostalgia now and again. If only dude would stop talking with that phony (Madonna-esque) Brit-accent - aren't you from New York (asshole)? And for the record, I think Diplo's 8-bit banger on FabricLive was a bit more gangster, which I believe was aided (or "borrowed") from my college neighbor (Jesse Novak AKA Tugboat) who was making this music 8-years ago - his 8-bit shit is FIRE, though he has since moved-on to new sounds...

No comments:

Post a Comment